Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 182

I spent most of the day in a depressed funk. Couldn't shake it,
couldn't focus on much positive. But the hours passed.

I did have a trip planner hang up on me tonight, which was pretty
special I thought. I don't know or care about what his problem was.
He hasn't been the most helpful person for this trip. It's a
relatively simple itinerary, so I don't see the issue. But perhaps
there's that slight element of me not caring. Ehh.

I'm just trying to go from day to day, but the biggest enemy is
boredom. I have been trying to get out of the office more often. I
went to the Embassy bazaar yesterday just to see what it was like. I
am going to the airport tomorrow, mostly for fun. I don't need to go,
but it would be nice to get out. I find I need the distractions.
While General Alexander's itinerary kept me busy and stretched my
planning skills, now everything seems quite simple by comparison.

I watched Willow this morning. I remember being much more scared
watching it in the theaters at age 7 or 8. As I watched it today, I
sat there thinking "this is a direct rip-off from Tolkien, Peter Pan,
and Gulliver's Travels." But it passed a couple hours of the day, so
it served a function. And now it's time for bed. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment