Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 190

Man, MtDew was my nemesis today. I drank one yesterday, and then I
couldn't sleep last night. So today I walked around in a zombie-like
state. Not cool. I either need to drink more to get used to it
again, or just avoid it except in extreme needs.

But today was just your standard aggravating day dealing with trip
planners. I have been mostly successful shutting down the problem
child of the upcoming visit, but he just continues to push. I'm not
yet to that point when the parents are on the 3rd or 4th child and
they decide which battles are worth fighting though. Oh well.

I think the most exciting news of the day just arrived in my inbox a
few moments ago. I just got my separation orders from the Navy! So I
can, indeed, be a normal person again someday! Very exciting. It's a
little overwhelming with how much paperwork needs to be taken care of,
but it will be worth it I'm sure. Hopefully I can take care of most
of this stuff up in Annapolis instead of Norfolk. I'm sure some will
have to be in Norfolk, but the medical screenings and whatnot can be
done in Annapolis. But in any case, it's very real progress toward my
goals.

I also got an Easter card from Emili's grandmother, which was very
thoughtful. And I got a lovely audio card from Stacey! "Hi, hi,
hello, hello, hi!" Thank you for thinking of me. I know you have a
full plate yourself, so it means a lot to me.

I think that's about it for today. I'm going to catch up on some
sleep now. Good night.

1 comment: