Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 189

Today was a wet day here. I have my various uniform pieces hanging
all around my area to try to dry out before tomorrow. Who ever knew
that Afghanistan got so much precipitation. It has truly surprised
me!

I slept in a bit this morning, then watched In Bruges on my phone
while my Fedora updated. Unfortunately, I think the update changed
some things around with the Gnome3 desktop, which I had grown
accustomed to. So I'll fiddle with it a bit later.

I did go to the tailor shop today and try on the unfinished suit coat.
He marked some the shoulders with a chalk pencil and told me it would
be done and ready on Thursday. Knowing how the Afghans work around
here, that probably means Monday or Tuesday. But in any case, it was
visible progress, which was nice to see.

I went to Eggers tonight for the bananas foster french toast, which is
delicious. I might have to make this when I get home. We also did a
range safety brief and another brief or two. We aren't actually going
to the range tomorrow, because the reservation was never confirmed.
It would probably be a muddy mess tomorrow anyway. But at least now
we can just head out there when we get the chance. Now I've been
thinking about buying a Desert Eagle handgun....

Well, I'm going to try to dry out now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment