Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 183

Well, today has culminated in an interesting dilemma. I have 3 people
stuck at Bagram because of the sand/dust storm that has enveloped the
entire country, it seems. So I don't really have any idea when
they'll get out, but I guess we'll find out in the morning! I'm still
not sure if the DV party will arrive as planned. The dust is so fine
that even since the wind died down, the dust is just hanging in the
air. It reduces the visibility a ton, and no one was flying tonight.

I did get up the airport this afternoon (the first time our party was
supposed to arrive). We had a new Action Officer check in today, and
she accidentally left one of her bags at the airport. However, I
managed to find it when I got there, so that was at least one positive
thing that came of the trip. Oh well. I was kind of looking forward
to getting out with the drive team to the airport tonight, because
I've never actually seen what they do up there. Maybe another time,
though I'm running out of opportunities quickly.

Well, I think I'll try to get some sleep while I can! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment