Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 48

Today wasn't too terrible.  I made a couple friends today.....with 4 legs!  Pumpkin got a few treats throughout the day, and then on my way out tonight I met a vocal black and white cat.  Very sweet cats, and then immediately begin to follow me after I give a treat and start walking away.  And while I don't think it was necessarily related to the treats, I found Pumpkin sitting in our hallway today, meowing very loudly!  So I got her outside and petted her for a bit.  Rose told me there is a pair of young kittens that come into her housing and play in the hallway at night.  They apparently curl up together on a rug near one of the doors.  We all have lots of seabags and boxes in the hallways, so I would imagine it could be quite fun to play among the obstacles!

This morning I had to sit through Basic Indoctrination Training.  Basically, people from the various departments came in and gave 5-10 minute briefs on what they do and how to contact them.  Not terribly interesting, and I definitely dozed through a bunch of it.  I also took my phone because there is wifi in there, and I surfed the tubez.  However, after doing all that, I was able to go pick up my real ID badge.  So now I don't look quite as "New Guy".  I've always found that it's best to blend in as much as possible.

Now, here are a couple pictures of my room at the moment, and a couple pictures of my new knife.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Dan! So are there a ton of cats that just kind of hang around your camp? Can you include pics of any of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly try! I think I put a couple pictures of Pumpkin up a few days ago, in my photo montage. How are things in Beantown?

    ReplyDelete