Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 52

Today was the first day I was really frustrated at the Afghan officials.  So if someone important invites a guest to visit, does it seem considerate to turn down a meeting invitation?  Well, that's apparently par for the course here. Great.

I'm in the new room, which is nice (and freezing at the moment!), but only 1 network jack seems to be connected to the outside world.  So I'm not sure what Kevin and I will do until Emili can send a wireless router.  I knew there was a reason I was keeping 2 or 3 spares at home.... (smile).  I actually can still get on the wireless network from my previous room.  So we'll survive.  I think they may even sell cheapo hubs (did you know you could still buy those?) at the Afghan market.

And today I discovered a certain cold weather shirt that I can wear under my camouflage and not need the jacket.  I think it's what Mark Johnson recommended, and it's awesome.  It's just a another layer, but it can zip up to be a turtleneck too.  So I'm a big fan, and it's only been one day!

I received lovely letter from Grandma today, and she told me about how her week went, day by day.  It's similar to my blog, which is neat.  She even offered to come out and pet all the cats!!  Thank you Grandma!

I also received a great care package from Emili's parents today too!  Lots of good cookies and Steeler stuff, so thank you very much!  I took a picture of my desk area now, with the Terrible Towel proudly displayed.  I'll upload it soon!

I think that's it for tonight.  I will now enjoy the new room!

No comments:

Post a Comment