Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 55

So I have a story from today.  I actually got to go to the Palace today.  I had a meeting with the Protocol to the President man.  So that was pretty cool.  I believe it's more than most anyone in my office has done or seen there, so I feel special.

But I also had normal work to do today.  Lots of changes and lots of fixes on my end.  I am getting pretty excited about one event I'm putting together, which I hope others share with me later.  I think I'll be setting a precedent for this sort of event.  But we'll see.

The other day, one of our enlisted brought in a whole package of Hooters calendars.  Not being one to offend, I took one.  However, I didn't open it up until I got back to the room tonight.  While most calendars follow a sequential pattern, these hop months all over the place.  It starts in October, then June, then November, then August, December, February, April, September, May, March, July, and January.  A little haphazard and non-intuitive.  Oh well.

In other news, I'm approaching the 1/4 of the way done mark.  I think 58 or 59 days is 1/4 of the total time, so that's good.  The time here has gone by pretty fast.  It's hard to believe I've been here 3 weeks already.  Hopefully the months continue to fly.  I told myself that I'd get a full body massage after the successful completion of each month.  So I'll have to find some time after this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment