Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 57

Today started slow. Not because I'm slow in any way. I was trying to get my roommate going. He wakes up and makes old man noises for a long time. Grunts and groans, heavy sighs. So then we finally make it out the door, and he just walks slow. Granted, he's overweight and 57, but I was hungry! Anyway, they didn't even have syrup this morning, so I just had a couple hashbrowns and a yogurt. I'm glad the yogurt made a reappearance!

But work wasn't too bad. Lots of tracking things down, deciding the best place for visitors to park, etc. I also changed locations for a meeting, and it was a tremendous step up, so that's great. Oh yes, we got a new guy today. So I'm no longer the FNG. He's an Air Force Captain (brand new) so he'll learn the ropes like I did. Good stuff.

I was also given an arts and crafts project today, at which I excelled. We changed a document we use for pocket reference, so I had to print and laminate lots of copies for all the people we have. Not too bad. I also went to the woodshop and picked up 12 armor stands that I ordered a couple weeks ago. So I guess it was a pretty productive day.

We walked over to Eggers again today for more farewells. Four more people there are going home in December, so they got awards and roasted somewhat. We had some dinner there, and then I went to the PX and got a little section of carpet. I put it right in front of the bed so my feet don't hit cold floor immediately in the mornings. It also provides the illusion of some cleanliness. Illusion only, trust me.

I think that's about it for today. Last night I stayed up and watched How to Train Your Dragon, which was very cute. I enjoyed it and would recommend it. I'm also trying to teach myself some Italian with the Rosetta Stone software, so for now, arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment