Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 66

So today was interesting.  I find myself taking my first Motrin in 2 months!  But I'll get to that.

I actually met some cats on the way to breakfast this morning, so I took a couple pictures.  They must have been Italian cats, because they were hanging out at the Italian NSE building.  Maybe hoping for good mouse flavored pasta.

 

The morning was pretty calm.  I just worked a few issues here and there with itineraries.  No big deal.  After lunch, I got a package from Emili's Aunt Lorraine and Uncle Ralph!  They had made some cookie bars and sent me a bunch.  I don't want to make everyone at home feel too bad, but they're quite delicious!

After lunch, I met a group of people from PSD at our volleyball court here.  I had reserved the court last night for them, and they let me play.  So we played 3 on 3 for a solid 2 hours!  We won the last 2 out of 5 games, so I think we were improving.  But needless to say, I was quite sore afterwards!  I'm doing better now than I was immediately after, but the Motrin should help a bunch.

I'm getting tagged with all sorts of visits, either just the execution, or as supplementary help for people.  So I'm guessing people think I did ok on the first visit.  Tonight I got information that made me panic a bit.  I'm trying to work a visit with Capt Thurmond such that his visit and my visit would be completely separate, with the exception of a final meeting at the end.  However, I was told tonight that he'll be leaving early, and I needed to move this meeting.  Unfortunately, I had sent out 30 invitations to Generals and Admirals for this meeting, and I had a pretty good RSVP rate so far.  So I wasn't too excited about that.  But after we talked to people in the states for a while, we decided I should leave my itinerary alone and forgo the other person's presence.  So who knows.

I didn't see Pumpkin today, but TSgt Zuromski called to tell me he thought she was behind the DVQ building.  So after work, I went back there, in the near complete darkness.  But I was armed with cat treats!  As it turns out, it wasn't Pumpkin, but a smaller, much younger torty and a second cat too!  I have not seen them before, but they were cute.  Not socialized at all, so I couldn't pet them, but the one kept coming up and trying to bat the treats out of my hand.  So maybe with time they'll become more socialized.  I feel that they have made a home back there, and very few people go back there.  So maybe I'll work on them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment