Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 139

Well, I finally moved my stuff upstairs today.  Everything except my safe.  I'm the security manager in the office, so I keep some things in a safe.  It's not overly large, but it's too heavy for 1 person to carry.  So I'll see about getting a little hand truck tomorrow.  I also had to wait a long time for my ISAF Secret machine to have network connectivity.  It's a very long story, with lots of heartache and angst, but basically the person who was designated to be in charge of the move didn't know what he was doing.  The people that would have known (3 of us in the office) we not consulted at all.  So some feelings came out at lunch today, and I think some feelings are hurt.  But he'll get by I'm sure.  I wasn't doing the fussing as much at D was.  He was prior enlisted, and I think he made it to TSgt before he was commissioned, so I don't think he has a problem telling a TSgt when he's wrong.

But the new setup is ok.  I think I'm actually closer to Pam than I was to D, but I feel like I'm making better use of my storage spaces.  So that's good news.  I have most of my cat food and treats hidden behind my official binders, but it actually doesn't all fit.  So that's kind of funny.  Pumpkin will be living well in the coming months!

It was still snowing when we came to work this morning, but it stopped around 10am.  It was a decently warm day, so lots of snow melted, but it's already freezing again now.  I hit quite a few slick spots on the way back to the room tonight.  Too bad they can't just give us a snow day off.

Not too much else to report.  I have a visit in a couple days, but hopefully it'll go smoothly.  I think the only variable is weather.  I really don't want them to get stuck in Kabul.  I don't care so much about them getting stuck in the other regions, but not Kabul.  We will see.

Well, it's off to bed for me!  I'm going to enjoy the sleeping in tomorrow!  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment