Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 148

Today was pretty boring compared to yesterday.  I expect the news about Spera will hit the CS department today, so that'll be interesting.

I didn't even really get anything done today, because it was still Sunday night on the East Coast for most of my day.  So I'm hoping I get some paperwork and information overnight, so I can do something productive in the morning.  I'm also helping with a visit that is coming at the end of March (an eternity from now), and they're already wanting itineraries.  The new guy, Jeff, has this visit, and I'm helping him put together an itinerary that will pacify these people for a few weeks.

Doug made it back from his R&R vacation today, so that was good.  He seems to be in good spirits.  He only has a couple months left, so the light at the end of the tunnel is pretty bright for him.  When we go home together, he will have been out here for a year.  I'm very glad I'm not on that plan.

We were very excited tonight when our PME was cancelled.  So I broke out the Big Cat playing cards and learned to play Hearts.  I tied for last place with Pam, after playing 4 rounds.  So I can only improve from here, I guess.

Ella threw up again this morning, so she's going back to the vets at 2pm today.  The longer this goes on, the less I think bad food and the more I think virus.  We'll cross our fingers for Toonces and Hobbes.

I did order a hard drive today, from Amazon.  I was going to buy it from Newegg, but they wanted to charge me an extra $10 to ship it to a military address!  Amazon had free shipping for me, so they won.  I am getting a portable (meaning no extra power cable) 1.5TB drive for about $145.  Not too shabby, really.  It's also USB 3.0, so the transfer speeds on this laptop should be pretty darned fast.  Hopefully it'll arrive in about a week, and then I can post my review.  Storage is one of those things you can never have enough of, out here.  I believe we have about 90TB of data on the shared drives.  No shortage of media to snag.

Well, I think that's it for today.  The snow was too fine and soft to make snowballs today.  Maybe when it snows next.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment