Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 151

So guess what I still have in my room.  Lots of multi-colored colonies of mold.  The contractor showed up today, pulled out the moldy wood around the edges of the room at the floor, but didn't replace them.  Nor clean the areas.  AND!!  He wouldn't take down the wood of the window frame because that would be a different work order.  Gotta love contractors.  I found that I had mold all over the side of the comforter that faces the wall, and in moving my bed, my pillow fell into some mold.  So I took all those issued sheets back to the laundry, and they gave me new sheets, but they were out of comforters.  So I can go back tomorrow to get one if I want.  I might actually just forget it because at least now I don't have anything hanging down against the wall.  Sigh.  These are about the worst living conditions I've ever lived in.  At least on a ship the interior is generally climate controlled and all metal.  No mold.

Other than that, my DV's flight went through the system and was confirmed today, so that was a minor victory for me.  He's not a terribly high ranking person, so getting the flight was not the easiest task.  A few other things fell into place, so that was good.  I think his trip will be fine, as long as weather doesn't impact us too much.  There is snow in the forecast, but I think it'll be too warm to stick around too long.

I'm looking forward to getting some "street meat" tomorrow with Aaron and Angela at the Bazaar.  Hopefully it won't be too cold for that.  We have lots of stories to trade from the last few months.

Well that's about it for today.  I will write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment