Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 142

I was remarkably productive today.

1) I installed phones on Bill's desk, against his will.  He acts like a 2 year old and can't be a good officer, it seems.  He doesn't want phones, but too bad.  While he was not at his desk, I found old phones, hooked them up to his computer and the network.  One worked, and the other shut down his SIPR port, which was hilarious, because now the network people had to come over.  When he found the phones on his desk, he immediately disconnected them and put them on the floor.  However, the bosses finally took a stand and told him he had to connect them.  So score a victory for me.

2) I found a hand-truck, and I moved my safe upstairs with the help of Jason Dickerson (high school classmate from Clover Hill).  It was pretty heavy, but we made it.

3) I set up a larger water heater so now we can have our hot chocolates, teas, and oatmeals without having to refill the container between each.

4) We disconnected one of the TV's from our old office, carried it upstairs, and mounted it on the wall.  That part was important, but we also pulled the coaxial cable from the old office, and found a little hole in the wall of the new office to feed it through.  It actually involved me climbing up the side of the building to feed it through to the other guy, Rob.  I had to climb up the metal grates of a window (I wonder what they thought) and hang from one arm off the mounting bracket for the AC units.  I was like Spider Man.  Spider Dan.

Other than that, I fixed a few glitches in my DV's schedule, from afar.  We had to switch aircraft when his intended bird was running an hour late.  So minor things here and there.  I also touched base with the planner for the next trip.  Well, I think it's time to relax a little bit.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment