Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 156

Another day down, uneventfully.  I don't have much to report today, except for my lunch.  They recently added a "Wrap Bar" in the dining facility, so I made myself a wrap with some meats (unspecified), lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, and some ceasar dressing.  It was quite tasty!

I spent a good portion of the day catching up on the Codecademy javascript lessons.  I certainly have a good enough foundation, but I had never really done any object oriented programming in Javascript.  So I'm learning a little bit, taking shortcuts here and there.  Just something to do.

I also read about toxoplasma in cats today, and I was surprised to hear how high the infection rates are.  I think our cats should be fine because they stay inside all the time, but it was crazy to read about.

Oh yes, and we can't walk to Eggers at the moment because of the backlash from some Army soldiers burning Qurans (Korans?).  In any case, they are basically ruining any relations we had with the Afghan people.  So that's always good.  I learned that the appropriate way to dispose of a Koran is to either bury it, or dispose of it in flowing water.  And no, I don't think urination counts as flowing waters.  I'm just anticipating the soldier's questions!

Pretty dull day otherwise.  I will write more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment