Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 136

Today I decided DV's are like buying a Whopper from Burger King, or a
Big Mac from McDonalds. They look really good in the pictures, all
the pieces fit together and it looks perfect. But then you buy the
Whopper and it's flat, crooked and kind of fat and not in shape.

Today I was up at 5am, and somehow I'm still awake now. I didn't even
nap today! I stood outside in the cold with a couple 1-star generals
this morning, waiting for my DV, and he eventually showed up. Traffic
was bad, so they ended up being 30 minutes late. Not so great. But I
think everything generally went well enough today. One of them got on
the plane this afternoon with one of my badges, but he's aware and
will mail it back.

What else happened today? I sat in on a video conference, because I
was asked to by my next trip's planner. I actually dozed through some
of it, it was that exciting. They went through the itinerary line by
line, and asked who was going to take care of this or that? What kind
of cars will be driven? What color hair will the driver's moustache
be? Not too critical in my mind.

But I started following the Navy gymnastics team through
navysports.com It looks like the Navy Open went ok, and the West
Point Open was also so-so. Good and bad. I doubt he reads this, but
I'm proud of Aaron Ingram, who made his first finals at the West Point
Open this past week. I believe it was on parallel bars, so that was
great. Hopefully much more to come! Andrew did well too, 2nd All
Around I believe. And it looked like the line ups for each event were
a good mix of upper class and plebes, so I think that will pay
dividends down the road later in the season.

Well, tomorrow is Groundhog Day. If Punxatawny Phil sees his shadow
in Pennsylvania, what does that mean for us in Afghanistan?

No comments:

Post a Comment