Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 100

Well today turned out to be a long and semi-stressful day. If the
RC's would do their jobs, it would all work wonderfully. But alas.

I saw Pumpkin again early this morning, and she got some petting. No
food, but she still soaked up the petting. Nothing much happened in
the early part of the day. Come afternoon, however, my phone wouldn't
stop ringing. "We can't do this, and we can't do that." My response?
"I don't care what you do with him, but because I am arranging the
flights, you still have to fill up the days with something." It's
nice to have some power, I suppose.

But I managed to snag myself more work today (note sarcasm). Because
I answered the phone a few days ago, I will now be the Action Officer
for an upcoming visit. It really doesn't pay to answer the phone
around here.

We did get a box of presents from LT Heather Lane today. She's the
girl I replaced when I came out here. She gave me a San Diego
Chargers knit hat, and some Christmas paratrooper toys. Santa and
Rudolf have parachutes, and I'll have to throw them off a roof
sometime soon. It was a nice gesture, and I can't imagine the costs
of buying and shipping gifts over here!

Well, that's about it for today, I have a couple pictures of Pumpkin
on a trashcan, but the internet is not cooperating too well. But I
will write more tomorrow. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment