Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 81

Well, today felt even colder than yesterday. In fact, my phone said
it was 28 degrees outside when I left the room here. Pretty chilly.
My gloves and long underwear kept me mostly warm enough.

First I went and checked that the helos were running on time. Then I
made sure the dining room was set for their fancy schmacy breakfast.
Then I went over to the DVQs to walk them to breakfast. No biggie.
After dropping them off I went back to my office and made a nice hot
cup of hot chocolate. It was lovely to be warm again!

I went back to the dining room to wait for them, and while I was
standing outside, a big fuzzy cat came over and decided I was a good
friend of his. He was weaving in and out of my legs, vocalizing the
whole time! I did pet him, and when I was rubbing his lower back, he
was making the kneading gestures to the ground. So I think it must
have felt good. Eventually a man walked by, noticed the cats and then
walked on. He came back about 10 minutes later and had a ziplock with
tuna in it! He gave the fuzzy cat a good chunk of fish, which
disappeared quite quickly. He was a very nice cat, and seemed like he
was doing fine.

We went to Eggers again tonight for more farewells. We arrived around
6:10pm and we didn't leave until about 8:30pm! Seriously way too
long. I hope I don't have such an elaborate goodbye. I'll be fine
with a quiet departure.

Well, Fedora is installed and living harmoniously with Windows 7.
It's doing pretty well so far, and I have no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment