Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 89

Today was another pretty dull day.  I did get to enjoy my morning off though.  I downloaded the high-def version of Avatar and watched it, so that was fun.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for Science Fiction.

I dropped off my laundry, had a quiet lunch to myself, and then went to work.  It was pretty quiet for a while because half the office was apparently up all night waiting for a group to arrive.  So it's never fun when they run late.  Again, I couldn't get much done today because it was Friday, and neither the Embassy nor Afghans lift a finger on Fridays.

But this afternoon I received a package from home, in which I found a container of cookies and some Christmas gifts.  So the cookies are in the office and I brought the gifts back to the room with me.  I'm going to be good and wait for Christmas too!

Most of the day we had a tv tuned to Animal Planet, so that was cool.  I don't think it's really the Animal Planet channel, but was perhaps broadcast on AFN?  In any case, it was a pleasant distraction since I didn't get much email traffic today.

But hey, I didn't get locked out of the room in a towel today, so it was better than yesterday.  I hope everyone is getting in the Christmas spirit for me.  Still not quite there myself.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment