Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 86

Today I tried a new outfit.  Not to say I changed my uniform, but I changed my layers.  I wore some warmer long underwear as well as my colder weather boots.  The boots are amazing!  I don't have them broken in completely, but they are definitely warmer and more comfortable than the normal boots.

So here is a picture of my personal thank you note from General(Ret) Stanley McChrystal:


This is a picture from my last visit.  The gentleman standing in the center is General(Ret) Anthony Zinni, a former Commander of USCENTCOM.  He's a grandfather of the Marine Corps, and was very nice.  Hopefully his trip here was fruitful.


This is me playing around with the software built into Fedora 16.  I think Macs have a PhotoBooth application, and this would be the equivalent for linux.  Not too shabby.



I did get a wonderful care package from Emili today too!  I got some hot chocolate, some Natures, and other assorted goodies.  Thank you very much!!

I don't have much else to say today.  Just another to mark off the calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment