Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 92

Today started out calm and quiet.  I got to make myself a nice hot chocolate, and I sat down and read the normal web sites.  I didn't even get any email overnight!

I did get to come in and watch the Ravens lose to San Diego, which was really fun to watch!  If the Steelers beat the San Francisco tonight, I believe that puts them on top of AFC North as well as #1 in the AFC at all, because we beat New England earlier in the season.  So everyone think positive thoughts for Ben's ankle!

I was basically waiting for the last couple days on people on the East Coast to get their act together.  Apparently, they don't come in to work on Saturdays and Sundays.  Go figure.  So I waited.

I think lunch was pretty good today.  We had a chicken dish, where we had something akin to a fajita mix, and they gave us pita bread.  So I just piled some stuff in the pita and ate it like a taco.  Not too bad, really.  And I didn't even get any bone today.

Just to give everyone an idea of what the atmosphere is like here, it's gray!  And it's not fog or haze.  It is, in face, smoke and dust.  The locals apparently burn stuff in order to stay warm.  While I don't begrudge them their warmth, use a freaking blanket!  The smoke and dust is so thick that the helicopters can't fly past about 7:30pm out here.  The visibility drops to almost nothing, which complicated all of our planning.  What a lovely place.  And don't get me started about all the bad things I'm sure we're inhaling all day long.

I was lucky to receive a package today from the McCormicks!  Thank you very much!  It had fun stuff like puzzles, beef jerky, cat treats, hand warmers, and some other fun stuff.  Thank you for thinking of me!

Everyone has been very supportive of me, and I truly appreciate it.  While this isn't and doesn't feel like home, I know I'll be welcomed back gladly.  I think that's it for today, and I'll have more tomorrow.  Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment