Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 107

Ahhh, and like a boomerang, my General is back with me again.  But it sounds like his few days in other parts of Afghanistan were good.  If he's happy, I'm happy.

I got a great package from Uncle Marc, Aunt Michele, and Pepper Bruce today!  Thank you so much!  I have new flavors of hot chocolate to try, and lots of tasty treats too.  And the cats have some new treats to try too!  I miss you guys and I can't wait to come home!

I did discover tonight that instead of a male and female pair of black cats, we actually have a pair of males!  One just happens to be slightly larger than the other.  Tonight we played a game of touching paws and batting fingers.  It was cute, but their nails are quite sharp!  I was actually on the receiving end of some teeth too, but it was gentle.  One of them was trying to eat a treat off my hand, but missed.  It was ok, he still got the treat.

We had a dinner together, with some of our people from the PSD, to say farewell to Maj Brad Hickey.  He'll be heading home in a couple days.  I think he's been out here since July, so it's probably been long enough for him.  After 6 months of doing this job, he's a wealth of information, so it'll be a shame to see him go.  But I completely understand his sentiments!

Not much else going on for me.  I apparently exceeded the downloading cap on the internet services here.  However, it appears that by changing the MAC address on my router, all is well again.  Not a very robust system, but incredibly convenient for me.  Good night.



1 comment: