Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 134

Today wasn't too eventful.  I feel like people may finally be understanding the boredom we face.

I had my hot chocolate this morning, which is nice.  It's such a lovely way to start the day, really.  I didn't even have too much stuff to fix this morning, which was nice.  I worked on some essays, read some Nature, etc.  I definitely have plenty of time to surf the internets.

I also learned today that the contracted interpreters here are local Afghans, and that by contract, they only work 7 hour days.  What the crap is that about?  I wanted them to come to meetings with my group, and I'd have them back by 5pm.  But no, that is entirely too late, because they finish their days at 3pm.  I honestly can't believe it.  I don't know what their normal day to day life is like, but this seems ludicrous.  I do not admire the Afghan work ethic.

We had PME again tonight, and this time we learned how not to assault people.  Sexual assault is not a joke, but they way they presented it certainly was.  Oh well.  We're supposed to move upstairs in the next couple days, but the people putting desks up there are not going by the original plan.  So I suspect I'll not enjoy where I end up.  The people rearranging the stuff either 1) won't be here after another couple weeks, or 2) don't work 12 hour days in our office.  So that's a tad annoying to me.

On that dissatisfied note, I think I'll go to bed.  Better luck tomorrow, eh?

1 comment: