Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 127

Once again, today was pretty dull.  I've had some drama in one itinerary because there was confusion about who's air assets we'd use.  But I think it's mostly figured out now.

Let's see.  I woke up to see that the Ravens had been defeated, which was nice.  At least the locals shouldn't be insufferable when I return.  Not that we love Tom Brady either, but I'm trying to choose the lesser of evils here.

I spent my morning working on revising my application essay responses for the MPH program at Tufts.  I think most of my substance is there, but I needed to expand some answers and showcase others in a different light.  So that took a while, and I'm not finished.  I have until March 1st, if we go by last year's deadline.

I don't even remember what I had for lunch, except that it wasn't spectacular.  The days blur together, especially when they serve the same chicken breast 4 or 5 days in a row.

In the afternoon, I came up with a projection of costs for vet school.  I have the spreadsheet for the last 3 years showing the cost of tuition, health insurance, fees, books, etc.  I tried to use Excel to do some regressions, but couldn't figure it out.  So I went to my trusty HP48GX Emulator on my phone.  Much easier, and I haven't forgotten that system at all!  So I projected how much costs would rise in the next 4 years, just to have some idea.  Even with the Post 9/11 GI Bill, I'll be taking out a loan that could get me more than a Camaro!  Slightly annoying.  Hopefully the school grants help reduce that a fair bit.  We shall see.

We had our Monday evening PME tonight, and it was about SEALS.  I read Dracula/fell asleep.  I didn't find it to be terribly riveting.  But ehh.  That's about it for today.  I will write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment