Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 133

So I didn't get to sleep in so much today.  After I talked to Emili at 7, I got a phone call from a coworker who forgot to get badges from me last night.  So put my sweats on and went to the office.  After that, I came back to my room.  Then a little bit later, I got another call.  The trip planner for the DARPA trip wanted to buy me lunch.  So that was nice, but I ended up going into the office earlier than planned.  So much for a relaxing morning.

The rest of the day was pretty dull.  Rob and I took the new guy around to US AID and the Embassy to show him around.  Nothing very exciting, but I got out of the office.  I have a few last minute changes happening for my current trip, but nothing showstopping so far, which is good.

On my out tonight, I fed Pumpkin, and she seemed delighted.  Easy cat to please!  On the way back, I'm pretty sure I met up with Puma.  It was a little dark, and he's all black, but his eye paw coordination was the same, excellent.  So we played for a while with little treats.  He actually followed me back to my building, and I was petting him when another cat came along.  This one was a bigger male tabby, and he was very noisy.  Howling at me for treats and hissing at Puma.  So I did my best to keep something in the way of their direct eye line of sight.  Puma was doing the low growl like Helo at the vets.  I probably would have taken him seriously if he was bigger.  But Puma needs to work on his social etiquette.  When he wasn't being petting sufficiently, he'd try to nip at me a little.  So we'll have to work on that.

Here's some crap.  I walked into the room tonight, and someone had swapped out my roommates normal bed with a bunk bed.  And they had brought in another closet thing.  So now we have tremendously less room, and we'll probably end up with a 3rd roommate.  So much for drawing down the forces, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment