Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 113

Another day to mark off the calendar. I woke up and was pretty
disappointed in the Steeler game outcome. It looks like they played
pretty poorly in the first half, so yeah. Seasons over now, so I'll
have to figure out which teams to cheer for.

I worked on a visit for Pam today, because she was stuck at Bagram for
most of the day. But she made it back around dinner time, so I handed
the folder and talked her through what I've done so far. I'm sure it
will be fine.

But I'm going to take advantage of a down day, and take the day off!
I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow morning, so that will be nice.
I don't know what I'll do all day, but I think I'll manage. I have
books, games, etc. Lots to do!

The bad thing is that the network isn't working in my room.
Apparently the guy who takes complaints in that department (an Afghan)
only works 8-3. What the heck?! So nothing will get fixed until
tomorrow at the earliest, I'd surmise. You see all these war movies
with soldiers talking on Skype to their families and the quality is
great. But it's all a lie. The network absolutely sucks out here.
The bandwidth is pitiful, and we have way too many people using it.
So I can't wait to get back to civilization.

Well, enough ranting for tonight. I'm going to go to sleep and wake
up refreshed!

No comments:

Post a Comment