Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 131

Well, today I sent a group off to the states again.  So that was good.  I think everything went very well, but they didn't give us coins!  I mean, a cash award would be fine too, but we'd settle for a coin.  So I don't know what to think about that.

We have a new LCDR that showed up to work in my office.  He was pretty unexpected, so who knows.  He graduated from USNA in 1997, and he's a reservist now.  We will see how he works out.  I took him around a little bit today to turn in paperwork and whatnot.

I got a letter from my Grandmother today, which was nice to read.  It certainly sounds like life is interesting/exciting at home.  I do enjoy reading the letters.

I also got a package from Emili's folks today.  Thank you for the snacks and letter.  I do have to say, I had quite a laugh when I read the article on Jordan Foley, the current Brigade Commander at USNA.  He was in all the biology and chemistry classes with me so he could go to Med school.  I guess that didn't pan out, because he's going Subs.  Funny how life goes.

I fell asleep in my chair today, and woke up to my LTC boss standing over me.  Not a good way to wake up, mind you.  But I'm getting the job done, so it's ok.  I think I just need some more sleep, and not to wake up at 5 something tomorrow.  So yeah.

So last night, while I was trying to troubleshoot why the network sucks so much in here, I caught my roommate streaming all of his tv and movies off the network.  While it probably represents a small portion of what the infrastructure here can handle, when it's competing with Skype, it basically knocks it offline.  So I scolded him and had him download his episode and play it locally.  I think I'm going to disconnect him from the router and plug him directly to the wall.  I don't want to deal with that, though I will ultimately because the pipes are so small here.  I can't wait to have a normal connection again some day.

Not too much else happened today.  Still trying to nail down a final plan for the next visit, which starts in a couple days.  Fun stuff.  Well, I think sleep is in order.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment