Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 108

SNOW SNOW SNOW!!  It's a winter wonderland here, except the country still sucks.  I will post a couple pictures once they upload themselves from my phone.

I think my General was a little schedule-challenged today.  He stayed in meetings waaay too long, making him late for the next meetings, etc.  It was quite the domino effect.  And not much fun to make those calls.

But Pumpkin got a nice can of food in a dry location, so I think she was pleased.  She always gets so excited!  It's pretty cute to watch.

I did get letters today from Lauren and Grandma.  So thank you both very much!  I enjoy reading letters still, and I picture you sitting there writing them.  It makes me smile, which is always a good thing!

Brian left today, which was kind of sad.  We had gotten to know each other a bit, and he was a nice guy.  He was tagged as a replacement for someone else at a different compound in Kabul, so we probably won't see him too often anymore.  I hope he makes the shift alright.

And I'm everyone was really on edge for this, but  .... I got the graphics card in my laptop working again, and I have an installation of Skyrim running.  So it'll give me something to poke around at for quite a while!  And there are dragons.  "Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."


No comments:

Post a Comment